THE GRAMMY FOUNDATION® AND MUSICARES® ANNOUNCE
SECOND ANNUAL EXCLUSIVE VIP EXPERIENCE-ONLY ONLINE AUCTION
Auction Offers Incredible Range Of Celebrity, Entertainment And Business VIP Experiences
To Benefit The GRAMMY Foundation And MusiCares
The GRAMMY® Charity Online Auctions’ second annual celebrity, entertainment and business VIP Experiences online auction featuring more than 30 one-of-a-kind lots. All proceeds raised through this special auction will benefit programs and services of the GRAMMY Foundation and MusiCares.
Featured VIP celebrity, entertainment and business experiences include:
- Carrie Underwood VIP concert experience at the Grand Ole Opry with private Meet & Greet and backstage tour
- Concert and Meet & Greet Experiences with: Mindi Abair, Kenny “Babyface” Edmonds, Kendrick Lamar, Miranda Lambert, Ziggy Marley, Sam Smith, The Band Perry, the Walking Papers, and more
- Personal Skype session with country star Hunter Hayes
- Have your demo produced by John Beasley and Rickey Minor at a Hollywood recording studio
- Taylor Swift VIP concert experience including exclusive pre-show party access
- Private tour of Treyarch — makers of the video game “Call Of Duty®: Black Ops II” — and the chance to play a round with M. Shadows from Avenged Sevenfold
- Thirty Second To Mars VIP Concert Experience, including stage access (watch the band perform from side stage), Meet & Greet, individual photo and swag pack
- Dinner with iconic global rock star Yoshiki in Los Angeles or Tokyo
- Ultimate GRAMMY VIP Experiences, including GRAMMY Awards VIP Seat Filler, and a VIP Package to the MusiCares Person of the Year tribute concert honoring Bob Dylan
Proceeds from GRAMMY Charity Online Auctions provide essential support for the GRAMMY Foundation and MusiCares.
Under the banner of GRAMMY in the Schools®, the GRAMMY Foundation produces a range of distinct education programs — across the country throughout the year — that serve high school students and their schools, including GRAMMY Camp®, GRAMMY Camp — Basic Training, GRAMMY Camp — Jazz Session, and GRAMMY Signature Schools. The GRAMMY Foundation also offers preservation and advancement initiatives, fosters dialogue about compelling issues facing the music industry, supports projects that increase the understanding of music and its role in society, and raises public awareness about the urgent need to preserve our nation’s recorded sound legacy.
These programs include the Entertainment Law Initiative®, the Grant Program with funding generously provided by The Recording Academy®, the GRAMMY Living Histories program, and the GRAMMY Foundation Legacy Concert (formerly the Music Preservation Project).
MusiCares ensures that music people have a place to turn in times of financial, medical and personal need by providing programs and services, including emergency financial assistance, educational workshops, and flu shots, hearing tests, and medical/dental screenings.
The MusiCares MAP Fund® allows access to addiction recovery treatment and sober living resources for members of the music community. Safe Harbor Rooms, weekly addiction support groups and the MusiCares Sober Touring Network provide ongoing recovery support.
The GRAMMY Foundation was established in 1988 to cultivate the understanding, appreciation and advancement of the contribution of recorded music to American culture.
The Foundation accomplishes this mission through programs and activities that engage the music industry and cultural community as well as the general public. The Foundation works in partnership year-round with its founder, The Recording Academy, to bring national attention to important issues such as the value and impact of music and arts education and the urgency of preserving our rich cultural heritage.
In recognition of the significant role of teachers in shaping their students’ musical experiences, The Recording Academy and the GRAMMY Foundation partnered to present their first Music Educator Award in 2014. Open to current U.S. music teachers in kindergarten through college, the Music Educator Award will be presented at the Special Merit Awards ceremony during GRAMMY Week 2015. For more information about the Music Educator Award, please visit GRAMMYMusicTeacher.com. For more information about the Foundation, please visit: www.grammyfoundation.org.
For breaking news and exclusive content, please like “GRAMMY in the Schools®” on Facebook, follow the GRAMMY Foundation on Twitter (@GRAMMYFdn) and join us on Instagram (@GRAMMYFdn),